This morning I woke up to find out, that I was nominated by Film: Uncharted EIF for a Liebster Award. I am truly grateful for the time you have taken to read my reviews and am honoured by the nomination!
Without further ado, the official rules of the competition are as follows:
- Thank the nominator in your award post.
- Place the award logo somewhere on your blog.
- You must state up to 11 facts about yourself.
- Complete the questions that your nominator provided.
- Nominate as many bloggers as you’d like (11 is the maximum).
- Ask your nominees a series of questions (11 is the maximum).
- I consider myself a full Italian, even though I was born and raised in Canada.
- I was a musical theatre junkie growing up and I even starred in stage plays.
- I went to a Regional Arts Program in high school for Theatre.
- I have been to Las Vegas and New York over 4 times now.
- I am an only child.
- I am an arachnophobe.
- The Aviator (2004) was the very first film that made me fall in love with everything that goes into making a film.
- I have attended TIFF for the past seven years and each year is better than the last.
- My favourite dish to make is Risotto, love mixing it up a bit.
- I fractured my nose when I was 4 and now it’s crooked but you can’t really tell, only I can, which is somehow worse.
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller music video still haunts me until this day.
1. If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be?
I would love to have dinner with Marilyn Monroe and Charlie Chaplin because they represent two, very different eras, in the industry and I would love to find out how they coped with the politics during their given period.
2. What would be on the gag reel of your life?
I have fallen way too many times. I think falling of a skateboard or a bike would most definitely be on there. I also think falling from the top bunk bed while playing hide and seek would also be on there for a gag reel.
3. Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
I think Harry Potter would be boring in real life. I mean, without all the Voldermort drama, he really is just a dude who does magic and he can’t do magic in front of muggles (assuming I am one), so really, is he all that he’s cracked up to be?
4. If you could read minds, whose would you want to read?
I would love to read Martin Scorsese’s mind. He’s a walking encyclopedia of film knowledge and I think it would be fun to hear his actual thoughts while watching other movies.
5. What problem or situation did TV / movies make you think would be common, but when you grew up you found out it wasn’t?
I think house parties were the biggest myth, I was so disappointed when I got to high school, to find out that it’s mainly just sitting around and talking. It’s actually more awkward than anything they painted it out to be.
6. Do you judge a book by its cover?
I think everyone does at first but then they do attempt to get to know others and that’s what changes their perception of them. Rumours and gossip also tends to ruin the perception as well. I personally don’t, I like to look at things on my own terms and try to assess things from the inside out.
7. What wastes the most time in your day to day life?
Twitter, I’m looking at you.
8. What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat?
I have stayed away from horseradish my whole life because I hate the smell.
9. If your life as a movie, what songs would be on the soundtrack?
Vanessa Carlton – A Thousand Miles
Thunderstruck – AC/DC
Independent Women Part. 1 – Destiny’s Child
Love Shack – The B-52s
Giulia – DJ Lhasa
Gloria – Laura Branigan
Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
10. What terrible movie do you love?
Since Adam Sandler is universally hated for some reason, I’m going to go with Billy Madison (1995), that movie is a classic and I love it so much.
11. If you had to live in a different country, what would it be?
- Eddie Harrison – Film Authority
- Jordan and Eddie – The Movie Guys
- Leo – Geekly Goods
- Shawn and Todd – Movies Matrix
- Name one film that you would watch on repeat for the rest of your life?
- What are your Top 3 Best Picture Winners
- Name one film that is critically acclaimed but you just didn’t get the hype?
- What was your favourite childhood film?
- What is your favourite movie theatre snack?
- How many films have you watched in a single day?
- What is the one place that you’ve always wanted to travel to?
- What are the Top 5 films you would recommend to someone?
- What is your go to comfort film?
- If you could be in any comedy film, which one would you be in and why?
- If you watch one director’s filmography for the rest of your life, whose would you choose?